Wednesday, April 1, 2015

MCM Dresser Goes Beachy

I recently purchased a Mid Century Modern dresser and initially was uncertain how to update it. With Spring hopefully on the way and many beach trips in the future, I decided that blue and white was the way to go.  


Here it is in all its nautical loveliness.
I used General Finishes Snow White and Coastal Blue and let the natural geometry of the piece tell me where to put the contrasting colors.


What says beach more than blue and white stripes?



Here's the before.



 I'm a sucker for horizontal stripes,
 and the hardware reminded me of my current favorite decor obsession-----arrows.



Doesn't it look like an arrow?





Is everyone ready for warmer weather and the beach?
I know I'm in the minority,
 but I actually enjoyed the snow days and the enforced stay-at-home-coziness.


Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment