Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Shells, Sea Life, Sailboats and Botanicals

This month's sale at Sweet Clover was totally inspired by the Mid Century Modern dresser that I painted with navy and white stripes.  I wanted to share some of my nautical mania.  Even though the space is staged in a barn, you can still steal my nature-inspired ideas for your own home.



I dry brushed a vintage woven dresser with some turquoise paint.  (Dry brush tutorial coming in another post.)  I used sea life-inspired accent wallpaper as a back drop for some empty frames.




A driftwood garland joins the two frames.  The large oval metal tray is filled with star fish, a wooden spiral machine part that supports some faux star fish, and a vintage English pond boat.  The boat was made in Birkenhead, England, near Liverpool.



Framed botanicals hang in a row on a weathered door.
Don't miss my blue bird cage in the upper left corner.  I draped one of my scarves over it.



This pair of vintage Italian bentwood chairs were dark brown and missing their caned seats.   Now they're perfect for a garden table with their high gloss white paint and new blue and white fabric.



I also  dry brushed an old metal ceiling tile.  It already had a mirror in the center when I bought it.  I just added some old rope for some nautical flair.




Here's a full view of the striped dresser that inspired the whole space.



On top of the dresser are some signed framed vintage maps of Pawcatuck River and Mystic  River.
I used a piece of fabric with lily pads as a back drop.  A star fish on a pedestal, a large float, and a weathered wood frame, some faux shells, and a ceramic octopus complete the vignette.





More nautical decor---two framed boat lithographs.   One of the boats has a Union Jack flag.   A piece of faux coral on a stack of books is framed by a vintage frame I turned onto its side.



Here's another sea life vignette on this navy buffet/dresser.




This terrarium is filled with shells, faux coral on a pedestal, and starfish.




A coffee table book rests across the deconstructed stool and supports the terrarium.
 I used some rope to join the wooden floats.



My favorite vintage find is this tray with a hand-painted floral design.



What made me love this tray even more is that it has a circle of arrows.




One last vintage find to share:  Fabulous metal Chinoiserie garden chairs.
They wear their original chippiness.



If you're local, I hope to see you this weekend.  I'm working Saturday.
Or, if you're one of my blog readers I hope I've inspired you to add some nature to your decor.

Kathy

Sweet Clover Sale
April 17-19

10-5






No comments:

Post a Comment