Thursday, August 9, 2012

Peacock Love

I'm still working on my daughter's bedroom.  I found her a chinoiserie night stand for one side of the bed.  You know I never like to be too matchy matchy so I decided that for the other side of the bed a desk would be more practical.  She purchased a high gloss white x-based desk from World Market.  It is a perfect work space and also acts as another bedside table.  The pink molded desk chair on wheels is from Ikea.


I found knobs with peacocks for her chinoiserie night stand.


After I found these knobs I was finding peacocks everywhere.
 I created a gallery wall above her desk with them.


Below is a closer look at the small gallery wall mix.  It includes some images of peacocks which I placed in multi-colored frames, a sunburst mirror, and some vintage metal peacocks that I spotted and purchased at a flea market.  She had the lamp, in fact a pair of them.  I updated them with chevron shades from Target.  The large framed image is a page from an old book, the other two are copies of a liquor ad I found in a magazine.  Did you notice that the upper and lower images are from the same ad?  I made two copies.  I framed the whole image in the lower picture and cut the other copy in half and only framed the top half for the upper picture.


At Home Goods I purchased this planter decorated with peacock feathers.  She uses it to hold pens and pencils.  The journal also has peacock feathers.  I tied a ribbon and a feather around it and perched a peacock Christmas ornament on top just for fun.


I'm teasing you with a peek at her new bohemian bedding.  More bedroom updates are in the works.  Stay tuned.

What have you done to update a bedroom?

Kathy

Sharing On:



If you missed the other posts about her apartment:

Her bookcase:  here

Her gallery wall:  here 

The bench at the foot of her bed:  here 

Her small entry way:  here 

Her vintage furniture bar:  here 

Her chinoiserie night stand:  here





7 comments:

  1. Where did you find the two silver peacocks on the wall? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun corner! Your home and style is just gorgeous. I just discovered your blog and have signed up to receive updates. I can't wait to see what else you share!

    Have a great week!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great space! i love the feathered finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! i love peacocks! So: I am inviting you: Come link it up with us at the party http://www.finecraftGuild.com/party/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy I have the same love! I'd love for you to share at my party...it just opened! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, and you pulled it all together so well! Love it! I'm going to include a link back in this week's highlights. ;)

    ReplyDelete