Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chair Obsession Part Two

Previously I posted about my obsessions that I was aware of and realized that I have another, chairs.  If you missed chair obsession part one, go here.

You know that the chairs I love most are this pair of leopard covered chairs.  If you've been following you've seen these already.  They speak for themselves.


I have another pair of chairs in my dining room.  You probably recognize the P. Kaufmann geometric fabric from some photo shoots where I used it as a back drop.
These chairs have a caned back which I decided would look good slip covered.
The seats and arms are upholstered and I also added nail head trim.
Here they are in place in my dining room.


If you saw my first post about my chairs you know that I love adding details to my upholstered pieces.  This pair was no exception.
In this side view you can see the ties on the slip covered top and the nail head trim.



I loved the carved piece on the chair back and didn't want to cover it up.
I decided to let it peek out of a cut out.



What do you think about adding details to upholstery pieces?

Kathy

BTY
I just wanted to thank everyone who came to our second sale and all of you who contacted me to see how I did.  I have to say that I was thrilled with the second sale.  It was even better than the first one.  When I left on Sunday my booth looked depleted.  Yea!

Now I need to focus on getting my home ready for the holidays.  So far all I have is a tree in a stand and many ideas spinning around in my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment