Friday, December 16, 2011

Tory Burch Inspired Mantel

I have another mantel in my family room.  Last year I went with leopard and bling.  I actually used vintage rhinestone belts, necklaces, bracelets and earrings as accents.

Leopard and Sparkle

This year I used my orange and pink Tory Burch scarf as my color inspiration.  I draped the scarf across the mantel and went from there.

Orange and Pink Scarf

I hung a pair of silver sunburst mirrors above the mantel, filled jars with orange ornaments (recycled from last year), added fresh magnolia , a sequined reindeer, and intertwined pink garlands and ribbon throughout.


To the left of the mantle is a tree I created with some very interesting branches that I found in my back yard.  I have a separate post about how I did it.

Tree Branches with Holiday Decor


Detail of Ornaments in a Glass Container

Sequined Deer and Mercury Glass Candlestick







I even added fresh magnolia to my fireplace screen.


You know how I love my horse head.  He usually sits alone on my design books.  For the holiday though I added a feather tree with pink and orange ribbon.




My next post will be how I changed the architectural column into a Christmas tree.

Are you ready for the holidays?

To see my Happy Chic Christmas Tree go here.
To see my Chinoiserie Mantel go here.


Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment