Monday, March 28, 2011

More Hot to Shop for Finds

I'm back with more of the fun stuff I've been finding.   In the last post I showed each item individually.  I decided to just create a vignette this time.   On the right is a large wooden finial.  In its previous life, it was an ornament topping an old stair hand rail.  What a fabulous house that must have been.
To the left is a stack of vintage books.  Even though the books have a very interesting spine, I purchased them for their irregular feathered edges.  These just have to be displayed on their sides, or back side facing out.
To top it off is a vintage paper weight.  It has a glass top and a wooden rim.


Again, hope this gives you shopping ideas.  If you live in the DC area you can purchase these items.
Sorry, for now local pick up only.
(prices below)

Please check back again.  There's more shopping going on.


Kathy

Prices:  Bannister finial $40 SOLD, Vintage books $20 each, California souvenir paperweight $9.
+tax

If you missed the previous shopping post, check here.





3 comments:

  1. Kathy I LOVE that wooden finial. I'm dying to know where you are shopping!

    It was great to meet you on Saturday!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on some of your blogs. Woot! love it all !.. the Table Clock is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great vignette! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete