Friday, March 18, 2011

I've Been Shopping

You're kidding.  Me shopping?  Yes I've been out and about shopping with you in mind--my readers, my friends, my neighbors, my sisters, my dealer friends, my clients, and of course moi.

Here are some of my one-of-a-kind finds.  I'll show the purchases and then give you ideas about
how I would display/use them.

If you've been following me, you know I have many obsessions, books being one of them, and those with marbleized pages are one of my favorites.  These are very weathered, which is a look I like, and no, I didn't rip them apart.



Another obsession is architectural fragments. This is a corbel.  I can only imagine the fantastic building it was once part of.  They can stand alone on a shelf, or substitute for a bookend.


And, here's my vignette idea for you to steal   Or,  if you live in the DC area you can purchase one or all of these vintage finds.  For now, local pick up only.
(prices below)


I added an artichoke candle.  You just as easily could have added some key tassels
  in place of the artichoke, like this:

(source)
Or, add an orb like this seed ball.

(source)


Please check back.  I'm still shopping.  More "finds" in my next post.

Kathy



Prices:  Corbel $40, marbleized books $18 each,  artichoke candle $6.
+tax




No comments:

Post a Comment