Saturday, May 22, 2021

ALTERED SPINES

Before I start this post I wanted to let you know that if you follow my blog with Feedburner and like receiving an e-mail notification when I post, you"ll need to follow me with Bloglovn' instead.  Blogger/Google has deleted the Feedburner notification feature.  You can find the link to Bloglovn' on the side bar on my blog web page, or click on this link to sign up for e-mail notifications :  Bloglovn' 

Thanks.  Now, on to altered spines---on books that is.

Sometimes I'm inspired to do some creative project.  Several years ago I did just that.  I found some books that were the same height and covered them with wrapping paper, much like we did in high school with our text books.  I lined them up and decoupaged images to the spines.  The link to the blog post with the tutorial is at the end of this post.  Check it out if you feel inspired.


You know how much I love orange.  I used orange wrapping paper for these books.  The elephant is a copy of a vintage cardboard children's animal toy.  They're on the bottom shelf of my favorite bamboo side table.

ELEPHANT ON BOOK SPINES


This image of coral was from a calendar of sea life images.  I used the pages from this calendar to create a gallery wall in my daughter's apartment.

CORAL IMAGE ON BOOKS


I collect architectural prints/book plates.  I made copies from my originals and added them to books.  Currently, these books are on the brass and chrome bookshelves in my family room.

ARCHITECTURAL PRINT OF BUILDINGS WITH A SANTOS BOOKEND


This is another copy of an architectural print sandwiched between vintage faux marble bookends.

ARCHITECTURAL PRINTS BETWEEN VINTAGE FAUX MARBLE BOOKENDS


I don't know what this "building" was used for, but it's the perfect size for this image of a clock face.

IMAGE OF A CLOCK FACE INSIDE A "BUILDING"

If you'd like to see the tutorial on how I created new spines, go here.

ENJOYED THIS POST? 
 Sign up to receive a notification every time I publish by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment