Saturday, November 21, 2020

GOBBLE GOBBLE

For many years I've been collecting turkey planters, turkey salt and pepper shakers, and turkey covered dishes.  Normally I use them as centerpieces on our Thanksgiving table.  This year I decided that I had way too many turkeys.  I shared some with my daughter and my sisters.  After they had first dibs, I put some for sale on my new Instagram account, @shopmycollectedhome.  I just started this account so I don't have many followers or many sales yet but I'm hopeful I can make it work.   I need to thin out more than just turkeys.

I did keep some from the collection.  Instead of using them as centerpieces, I let them roost among the plates on my corner cupboard.  I've had this cupboard for years and it's always been in same corner of my dining room.  It's survived many furniture purges.  I think it's safe for now.

VINTAGE CORNER CABINET IN MY DINING ROOM

Can you find the turkeys?

VINTAGE TURKEYS IN MY CUPBOARD

I tucked a turkey covered dish under the curve of the bottom shelf.  I think he's intended to hold some cranberry sauce.  He even came with a small ladle.

TURKEY COVERED DISH

One shelf up I have a salt and pepper set.   

TURKEY SALT AND PEPPER

Turkey salt and pepper in this dark brown color is unusual.

DARK BROWN SALT AND PEPPER

The next shelf up has another covered dish.  It's a perfect match for my cabbage plates.


WHITE COVERED DISH TURKEY

Last is the top shelf and another covered dish in a soft blue gray.

TOP SHELF

BLUE GRAY TURKEY COVERED DISH

This brass sphere has moved around the house a lot.  Right now it's layered in front of my vintage ironstone platter.  

BRASS SPHERE

I've had these brass stag goblets for many years.  They can be turned up side down and used as a vase.  I've never used them as a goblet.  Their antlers form a perfect base when they're reversed.  Love them.

STAG GOBLETS



What do you do for Thanksgiving decor?


I want to wish all my readers and their families a Happy Thanksgiving.

Also, a big thank you to everyone for following along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment