Saturday, December 7, 2019

FAKING FAUX

If you've been following along you know that I can't bring myself to use faux holiday decor.  So, I was in a real predicament when I decided I didn't want to have a live Christmas tree this year.  I went back and forth about buying/not buying a faux tree.  I couldn't do it.

My new mantra is:   "all you need is a garland".  That's the route I took.
No tree for us this year. I was just going to create a garland that made the tree unnecessary.

 My intention was to create a garland from greenery from our yard.  I revised it a bit and decided that I would use a faux garland as the base and would add garden clippings.  I know I'm cheating.

Here's what the faux garland looked like. It was from Frontgate so it was substantial.  Here it is on the railing before I got started on it.

FAUX GARLAND

I know you're thinking that it doesn't look bad.
 It doesn't, but I really wanted to add some live greenery.

CLOSE UP OF FAUX GARLAND
I decided to create the natural garland with magnolia and cedar.  
 I gathered the clippings and got started.  Here's the result.







If you ever try to do this, I would recommend using a faux garland as a base.  It was easy to add the greenery by just twisting the faux wire stems around the magnolia and cedar.  



Did you notice that I swapped out my Santos for the Angel Santos?  I also added ribbon, a garland and some ornaments.  I treated the garland like a Christmas tree I guess.

ANGEL SANTOS



 Now my favorite part--the close-ups.

 








I added some greenery, ribbon, and a rhinestone garland to the wall sconce too.



Sneaky peek of the demijohn through stairwell.

DEMIJOHN THROUGH STAIR RAILS
Would you use a garland instead of a tree?

To see last year's Kate Spade inspired tree, go here.

KATE SPADE INSPIRED TREE

1 comment:

  1. The garland and sconce are absolutely gorgeous. Love real garlands too!

    ReplyDelete