Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The First Blooms In My Perennial Garden

Last year I created a perennial cottage garden in my front and side yard.  It was late in the summer so this actually is the first time I'm enjoying all the plants as they take turns blooming.

I received these lilies as a birthday gift from a friend.  They surround the mailbox.

LILIES AROUND MY MAILBOX

All but one of the lilies is yellow.



I always think that a yucca plant is not very attractive, but when it blooms,  I totally rethink my opinion.  I couldn't choose just one shot of it.







EVENING PRIMROSE
My lime green hostas near my front porch are my absolute favorite.  The tall blooms are a bonus.

LIME GREEN HOSTA NEAR THE FRONT PORCH
The phlox isn't new to the garden but I always enjoy seeing its color near the screened porch.

PHLOX NEAR THE SCREENED PORCH
I also add some annuals for all summer color.  These vinca are very happy in their vintage cement planter.  How fun is the gargoyle?

VINCA IN CEMENT PLANTER AND GARGOYLE

How is your perennial garden growing?

No comments:

Post a Comment