Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Befores and Afters with Faux Bamboo, Bentwoods, and a Bench

I don't always remember to take a before pic, but here are a few that I did.  
Paint and fabric and a little imagination=transformations.


Faux Bamboo Chinese Chippendale Side Chair  and Bella

After priming, I just used Benjamin Moore Cloud White in a high gloss to update.

Pair of Updated Chinese Chippendale Side Chairs

Vintage Bentwood Chair

I used the same BM paint for the chairs, cut a replacement seat, and reupholstered.

Pair of Updated Bentwood Chairs

I added blue and white fabric and purchased cording.
To see my previous post about how to make matching cording and attach it, go here.




This has to be one of the worst fabric choices ever.

Top of Vanity Bench

I added designer fabric by Lee Joffa.  Checks have made a come back so I made my cording with black and white checked fabric.  It's fun to experiment with contrasting fabric cording. 
 I also added over sized nail heads to the legs.

Vanity Bench for Sale at Sweet Clover

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, need I tell you that I like these finds? '-)
    Beautiful as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would. I thought of you when I found the bamboo chairs. Too bad you live so far away.

      Delete