Sunday, January 13, 2013

Brass Wall Sconce

Do you ever agonize over a purchase and when you finally bite the bullet you're so happy you made the buy?  That fabulous brass wall sconce in my foyer was one of those purchases.  I saw it in a shop and didn't buy it.  I thought about it, went back to get it, and saw that it was on sale.  No brainer.  I bought it immediately.  I've loved it and never regretted buying it.

I think it's perfect against the striped walls in my foyer.





My purchase was totally justified when I saw it featured in an article by the Style Salonista about San Francisco designer, Benjamin Dhong.  I love the wallpaper background he used and the fact that he added some orb-shaped candles.

Benjamin Dhong Design

To see the rest of the home decorated by Benjamin Dhong, go here.
The rooms are fabulous and inspiring and not to be missed.

I think I'm going to look for those candles.  Any ideas where I can find them?

Kathy


4 comments:

  1. I found the same sconce last year in a junky little antique shop. I first saw it in Architectural Digest years ago & saved the magazine page. Now it hangs over my LR fireplace. Glad you found one too, it looks great in your foyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous! And I like your "vignette" better. Love the stripe background! I wondered if anyone would notice my birthday notice on the blackboard. :) Thank you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks amazing! i've seen orb/round shaped candles. i'd check pier one, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's awesome. I just love such creative style on wall. Brass Wall Sconce with lighting can add extra charm to it as show piece..

    ReplyDelete