Sunday, January 23, 2011

Updating My Son's Bedroom, Part I


My youngest just turned 12.  I decided it was time to ditch the camo and  khaki.

Here's a look at what it looks like now.  I'm embarrassed to show it  Can you tell he makes his own bed?.  The only thing I'm proud of is that there's a large stack of reading material in the room.


My inspiration will be this chair that he and I found at one of our favorite antiques stores.  He likes to come with me on my shopping trips and has a very good eye.  He spotted this chair before I even saw it and said he wanted it for his room.  We're both totally in love with it and it will be the jumping off point for the re-make.



This chevron fabric will be one of the fabrics we use.  It was inspired by the green in the vintage Rolling Stones poster that stays.  He likes old music and is learning to play old rock and roll songs on his electric guitar.







1 comment: