Saturday, September 21, 2019

COTTAGE GARDEN SUCCESS PART TWO

I recently wrote about my cottage garden.  The post got so long that I had to divide it.  You might want to take a peek at Cottage Garden Part One before you start this post.  Just click on the highlighted words and you'll be directed there.

I think you'll  agree that my Limelight Hydrangea stole the show.








I've found that ornamental grasses are a perfect way to add texture to your garden.  
They're very low maintenance too.  

CARLY ROSE ORNAMENTAL GRASS

I planted another variety of ornamental grass around the lamp post.  



I repeated this grass along the fence on the other side of the house.

ORNAMENTAL GRASS MIXING IN WITH MY PERENNIAL HIBISCUS AND BLACK-EYED SUSANS

My perennial begonia likes shade, so it fills in a bed in the shady back yard.







I'm looking forwarding to enjoying my blooms until frost.  My garden is sparse during the Winter.  It's a totally different and more tailored landscape.  The boxwoods, pines, lirope and nandina are the new features.

No comments:

Post a Comment