Wednesday, September 19, 2018

MY PERENNIAL BEGONIAS

Did you know that there are perennial begonias? 
 I had no idea there were until a friend shared some begonias from her garden.  They have been a part of my cottage garden for many years.  They continue to spread and bloom.   Here's a close up of the flower.

PERENNIAL BEGONIA

They look very similar to the annual begonia.






They totally surrounded the base of my Mugo Pine tree.

BEGONIAS BELOW MY MUGO PINE AND MY FERN IN A CHIMNEY POT

They encircled my bird bath too.



BEGONIAS AND BIRD BATH

Lantana is another plant I use in my garden.  It's only an annual, but it manages to spread into a large flowering ground cover that adds color all summer and into the fall.  This Lantana is yellow but it comes in many colors.

MY YELLOW LANTANA

It can quickly spread and fill a large area.



I've written about my Climbing Cardinal Vine before.  Every year I plant it from seeds and it climbs my trellis, my arbor, and my iron fences.  If you'd like to see my post about this vine, go here.

CLIMBING CARDINAL VINE

If any of my readers live in the DC area, let me know.  I'm always happy to share my begonias.

No comments:

Post a Comment