Thursday, February 23, 2017

Sneaky Peek Around the House

I'm always doing sneaky peeks of what I have at the store so I thought I'd give it a try around my house too.   I did a similar post a while ago about my home reflected in mirrors. 
 If you'd like to see that too,  go here

I have many pieces of  vintage English china.   Most of my dishes and accessories are either red or blue.   When I found this English transferware in green I was very excited.  There are nine dinner plates and I have never found any other pieces in this pattern.  They're displayed in my corner cabinet in my dining room.   The handleless cup is French.  Love the quails.

GREEN AND WHITE ENGLISH TRANSFERWARE

Black and white is everywhere in my home.  This is a snippet of my black and white caned-back settee.  Over-sized nail head trim perfectly outlines it.  The fringed silk throw is vintage.
To see the before and after of the vintage settee, go here.

BLACK AND WHITE SETTEE WITH NAIL HEAD AND FRINGED SILK THROW

A pair of brass wall sconces flank the entry to the living room from the foyer.
To see the post about them go here

PEEK AT ONE OF A PAIR OF BRASS WALL SCONCES

Everything looks better in a cloche.  A jumble of artists' brushes are displayed under glass.

ARTISTS' BRUSHES INSIDE A CLOCHE

I have several Santos in my home, but only one angel.  Her wings reflect in the mirror on my mantel.

SANTOS ANGEL ON MY MANTEL

And where else would you hang your hat after baseball practice but on the copper demi-john in the foyer!!!!

DEMI-JOHN HAT STAND

No comments:

Post a Comment