Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Design Musings--Sofa in the Dining Room

If you've been following for a while you may have noticed that mixed in with all my design experiments, my projects,  and my vintage shopping, are design trends that I've been noticing.  Some of  my favs have been using Empty Frames.  I liked it so much that I wrote a second post about them.  Another fav was my post I called Next To where I shared ways to place pairs--next each other, not separated and symmetrical.  You know that I've been mad for plaid, so I shared my tartan love too.  
You know I't's All About Plaid now.

Since I think these posts have become a staple for me, I decided to give them a name,
Design Musings.
Today I wanted to see if you've been noticing that sofas and settees are appearing around dining  tables.  Here are some I'd love to copy in my own home.

Source

Source

Source

Source

Pinterest
Source
Pinterest
Source
Source
Source

Source


source

Source

Source

Source

Source
Source


Pinterest



Source
Source

Source
Pinterest

Pinterest

I like the look.  It's so much more interesting than nothing but chairs surrounding a table.
Would you try it?


Kathy


To receive updates each time I post, just click on the image below and follow instructions:








6 comments:

  1. Oh I love this idea and I have the perfect little camelback settee in our bdrm that would be perfect. I just need a bigger space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have been reading my mind! I have a settee I love but really need to replace it with an apartment size sofa. I'd love to use the settee with my dining table. The people is the height isn't tall enough to sit comfortably. The thought of finding a qualified person to extend the legs and getting it there is such a hassle I sit here and do nothing đŸ˜•. It would be great though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your musings Kathy and all the great photos. I have used wing back chairs for years at my tables, in fact the dining room has one now. It's the Queen's seat (me) :) But I think a sofa might be too cumbersome to pull in and out. What do you think? Happy New Year...Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I love this look and already have several of these images pinned. The first picture is one of my favorite dining rooms.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you ...like the look...but totally impractical...just like a bench. Have you ever dined at someone's house that has a bench at one side of the table...everytime someone gets up the whole group has to move?

    ReplyDelete