header

Sunday, March 3, 2013

How to Fill Up an Urn

I just can't stop focusing on urns.  They have to be one of my favorite display containers.
Their shapes are architecturally appealing--- and they come in so many sizes, textures, and designs.  
 It's hard to decide if I love the urns or the items they're filled with more.
So, let's see how we can fill them up.

Branches are always perfect in an urn.  How wonderful is the patina on this example!

Via
 Branches in a Bohemian setting.

Via
Urns don't have to be made of iron.  I filled a crystal urn with sand and seashells to support some branches from my yard.  I painted them red just for fun.

Branches in a Crystal Urn in My Sun Room
Branches and moss in a villa.

Via

I can't wait to copy these ideas--a stack of books emerging from an urn
and
 a print angled inside one.

Via
What about some shabby books balanced on weathered urns?

Via

How lucky to find a cloche to fit perfectly into an urn.

Via

Some boxwood greenery always works.

Via
Shaped boxwood is lovely.

Via
Freeze dried boxwood is good too.  I placed a boxwood orb into a champagne urn in my living room.

Boxwood in a Champagne Urn in My Living Room
Moss works.

Via

Via
More greenery in my dining room.

My Other Champagne Urn with Nandina from My Garden
Shells are my favorite.

Via
More shells.

Via
A container for artists' brushes or a beautiful vignette.

Via

Repurpose an urn as a side table.

Via

Add a piece of glass and a large urn becomes a coffee table.

Via
An urn can hold fire wood too.

Via

Roll and stack towels in the bathroom.  Lovely.

Via
I have several cement urns in my garden at the base of a path at my side yard.
 They make fabulous planters.
The tall planter is a chimney pot.

Cement Urns in My Garden
Antlers are trending.  Dangle them in urns.

Via

Via
I mixed them with some seed pods on my screened porch.

Antlers and Seed Pods in an Urn on My Screened Porch
Croquet anyone?

Via
Wine please.

Via
This urn can stand alone.

Via


So, how do you fill urns?

Kathy

To see my other post about urns go here.


3 comments:

  1. Such fabulous ideas Kathy and I love your walkway. I rarely see any great urns out on my hunts and never a chimney pot. I have to have one of those! That's exactly the type of pot I am looking for to go by my back door. Something tall and narrow. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite posts ever! I love urns. Have one on my desk filled with books, and I think it is so cool. I will be studying this post repeatedly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I have always loved urns and especially the old ones. Great post!
    xx, Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...