Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hot to Shop: Bar Carts

Bar carts are trending.  But, your bar cart doesn't have to be brass with a tray.  These out-of-the-box carts are fun too.  Check out some creative alternatives.


This is an industrial factory cart.  An old stainless steel AV cart would work too.
They're sturdy and stain resistant.

Via
I love old wooden workbenches as desks or sofa tables.  This one's an impressive bar.

Via
Here's another work bench/bar cart.

via
Turn a suitcase on its side, add wheels and shelves.  Voila--a bar.

Via
I always see these large trunks.  I usually envision them as coffee tables.  I'm changing my thinking.  Add some legs or a base to raise it up and it's a bar or a sideboard.

via
One more suitcase.  Stack two onto a luggage rack.  I would add a piece of glass or a tray on top to protect and stabilize.  Love it.

Via
Why not convert a wardrobe?

Via Pinterest
 Or, why not use a china cabinet?
Via
This looks like a table and drawers on a factory cart.

Via

 I really want this industrial cart.

Via
Why not use a lovely marble-topped French pastry table as a bar?

Via
Or simply outfit a cupboard.  Could that be one of those bathroom medicine chests that I tore out?

Via

 Bar carts don't have to be for cocktails.   Use one as a portable library/side table.

Via
A bar cart can be a night table too.

Via
Use a bar cart in the bathroom to hold towels and toiletries.  I'm so doing this.

via

I do love the pink towels on this cart.


Via


 
Martinis anyone?


Source


What have you come up with?

Kathy

Post Teaser
Come back Wednesday for a tutorial on how to re-upholster a chair seat.



2 comments:

  1. Bar carts are very hot. We just sold one at the barn yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved everyone of these ideas. Our bar/wine cart is a reproduction French pastry cart. Found it in Marshal's years ago. Probably some of the wine sitting on it has been there so long it's turned to vinegar by now. LOL When I was visiting my son in Chicago, his wife and I found a vintage wire plant stand that she uses as a bar cart. It's perfect and she gets so many compliments on it. Great post Kathy!

    ReplyDelete