header

Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Way With Empty Frames Part Two

Previously I did a post about ways to work with empty frames.  If you missed the first post go here.
A sample of one of the images from that post is below.

This is one of the images from my previous post about using empty frames as wall art.
Today I was going to continue with the theme but share what I did with a HUGE empty frame.  This "frame" was actually an old door with its glass insert missing.  I bought it because I fell in love with its carving.

Ornate Carving on Vintage Door
I decided that sans glass insert it was a perfect frame.  I wanted to put this pair of framed French engravings within the opening.

Framed French Engravings



I was going to rest the door against the wall in my upstairs hallway.  To give you some perspective, this is an image of my two story foyer.  The door would go on the second level on the left at the end of the hall. 

My Two Story Foyer



This is a close up of the upper hallway with my over-sized clock, framed print, and Italianate wall sconce which has surprisingly changed location since I took this photo.

My Second Story Hallway




This view is looking down the hallway at the door and prints.

Here's a close up of the door framing the frames.


Since there is a lot of traffic around that corner I needed something with some weight in front of the leaning door.  This antique statue was perfect.

So what do you think?  It really was a solution for a corner with not much space.  You know me and all my stuff.  I need to use every square inch.

Kathy


I don't know if you saw my holiday post, but I used empty frames instead of garland on my stairs.
Holiday post here.





Please follow with Feedburner.  You'll get a notification whenever I post.
It looks like this in my side bar.  (It's just a sample.  You must sign up on the website.)



Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    I'm a big fan of frames, and that door-as-frame with other frames inside is pure heaven!
    Love the vignette...
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this with the door! it looks awesome and how cool is that door! hope you are recovering nicely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Kathy! Love the prints hanging in the frame and it looks perfect in your space. The frames hung on your staircase are wonderful too.
    xx, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. What inspiration! I love the door framing the two frames. So happy I found you... am going to add you to my Pleasing Places to Perch list so I can keep up with all your inspiring designs!
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...