Monday, May 14, 2012

Fashion to Furniture

Have you noticed that the patterns and colors in fashion translate to decor and vice versa?

I follow many blogs and recently two of my go to blogs for inspiration, Marcus Design, and
Isabella and Max Rooms, discussed leopard and green.

This outfit from Isabella and Max Rooms via House of Fifty.



And this fabulous office space via Marcus Design.



Not quite so elegant, but I was inspired to use this combination with two recent finds.
The first is this iron vanity bench.  It was already green.  Yea!!

Before

The other piece is a barrel with a lift top and storage inside.

Before
For the barrel, I added foam and matching cording  around the top.  At the base I added nail head trim to finish the edge.  I tried a brighter green on this piece and left the brass rings unpainted.

After
For the bench I cut a piece of wood to fit then added foam, fabric and matching cording around the edge.

After


I'll have these for sale at the Lucketts Sale this weekend.  I also hope to have photos of some of the other things I'll have there later in the week.

Kathy




Click here to see more info about the sale.





3 comments:

  1. I am coming and can't wait! Making a girl's weekend out of it with sisters and friend and spending the weekend in Leesburg. Seeing your spaces will be a high light ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both pieces look FANTASTIC.

    You are amazing.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, Great transformation on both pieces. I am looking forward to seeing you at Lucketts Saturday.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete